研究所 Graduate Courses
- Introductory level graduate seminar on linguistic anthropology.
- Required course for Ph.D. students.
- Graduate seminar on production methods in visual anthropology.
- Graduate seminar on the theory and history of visual anthropology.
大學系 Undergraduate Courses
- Undergraduate course exploring the representation of indigenous peoples in the media.
- Undergraduate course on Indigenous peoples in India.
- Undergraduate course on historical and contemporary inequality, focusing on the colonial encounter as well as issues pertaining to class, race, and gender.
- Undergraduate introduction to sociolinguistics and linguistic anthropology.
- Undergraduate course for students completing their service learning requirement.
- Core course teaching basic college survival skills to undergraduates. (Co-taught.)
Courses I only taught once, or which have been discontinued
- Undergradute course offered at Leiden University as part of my responsibilities while serving as Chair of Taiwan Studies in 2021.
- Independent study offered to my Ph.D. students on classical and contemporary approaches to sovereignty studies
- Independent study offered to my Ph.D. students to introduce students to debates and topics within contemporary foucauldian approaches to colonial studies.
- Graduate seminar on contemporary work in linguistic anthropology.
- Graduate seminar on the social effects of developments in communications technology, including writing, the printing press, the internet, and mobile communications.
- Undergraduate course on issues of class, race, and gender in education, with a specific focus on indigenous education.